Wednesday, July 30, 2008

tag, you're it!

I've been tagged by the fabulous D over at All Things G&D. the challenge is to write 6 random things about myself. here goes.

1. I love football. yet I've never been to a football game outside of high school. and I went to one of the biggest football colleges in the country. we even won the national title 2 years ago. it's quite sad, really. I like to say I was too busy studying my ass off in school.

2. I am very much into cars (I even met R on a Mustang enthusiast message board). I grew up around them. I used to go to dirt track races with my parents when I was younger where my dad worked on a race pit crew team. he's always had a project car in the garage. his latest was a '64 427 Shelby Cobra. I've had three Mustangs and they've kept getting better. I started with a red V6, upgraded to a bright yellow GT and now have a white Mach 1. this will be my last Mustang, however. I want to move onto a more refined vehicle, one with 4 doors that doesn't rattle or jar your teeth loose when you go over bumps. I'm thinking a new BMW M3 or an Audi S4 (if only in my dreams).

3. I am a sushi fanatic. and if you knew me 2 years ago, you would have found that I absolutely loathed sushi. I got sick after trying it for the first time. and I swore I would never eat it again. after a few years I got brave and started taking little bites of sashimi that R would order. little by little I would start trying new things. and now I love it. I can't get enough of it. R and I make Thursday nights our sushi date night. and we had sushi 3 nights out of 4 a few weeks ago. we need help.

4. I still have a baby tooth. the canine on the right side of my mouth. when I was younger, they took x-rays and said that the adult tooth is lodged up behind my upper jaw bone. the only way to get it to come down was to perform major oral surgery. I said no way. now I kind of wished that I had gone through with it because it bothers me now. you can totally tell in pictures that I have a smaller tooth on one side of my mouth. I suppose I could always get it pulled and have a fake one put in, but I'm not sure how I feel about that.

5. my dad doesn't know that R and I met online. I told him that I met him in Orlando while there with some friends. my mom knows, though. as far as I know she hasn't told him. not that it would matter now anyway.

6. I swear like a sailor and belch like a frat boy. my guy friends are jealous of my burps. so ladylike, isn't it?

So here are the rules:
1. link to the person who tagged you (i.e. me)
2. post the rules on your blog
3. write 6 random things about yourself
4. tag 6 people at the end of your post and link to them
5. let each person you have tagged know by leaving a comment on their blog
6. let the tagger (me) know when your entry is posted

I'm tagging Freckles Chick, Kari from Better Together, mrs.leah.maria from marital-bless, Sea Squared over at Life with Sea Squared, Abby over at Life with B&A, and one half of The Rauths.

3 comments:

Dusty @AllThingsG+D said...

Good morning! I was just about to leave you a post to let you know I tagged you, but it looks like you alreay knew that!

I love your random things! That's crazy that you've never seen a football outside of HS! I hope you're able to make it one this fall. They're so much better in person.

I just tried sushi for the first time earlier this month and was amazed that I didn't die! I actually kinda liked it.

That's too funny that your dad doesn't know you and R met online, heehee!

And I swear like a sailor too. You're a girl after my own heart, Kelly!

Freckles Chick said...

I love this post! Thanks for the tag =)

Our parents don't really know the details of how the hubby and I met either. We figured, "Carrie (my BFF) introduced us" was better than "We met at a frat party". Although, I did go with my BFF so there's some truth there, right?!

I lurve sushi and I swear like a trucker!! I need one of those TV censors to keep me in check. Like G&D said, a girl after my own heart =)

leah @maritalbless said...

I just saw that I was tagged! I'll be getting to my plethora of randomness tomorrow. :)

Lol at that your dad still doesnt know you met online!