Saturday, September 6, 2008

surprise!

last night R surprised me with dinner at Wolfgang Puck's restaurant Spago to celebrate my new job. we've been in the past (to celebrate my last job), and it was as delicious as I remembered. and their pomegranate-blueberry martinis are to die for. I had two of them they were so good.

we started off the night with a delicious Maryland crabcake as well as gnocchi with lamb ragout. both were amazing. for dinner R ordered the slow braised veal osso bucco and I ordered the pan roasted liberty duck breast with mushrooms, cippolini onions and braised pancetta with a sweet corn flan. divine. I could eat it for dinner every night.

while we were enjoying our meal, Mr. Wolfgang Puck himself made an appearance at our table to ask how our meals were. I recognized him, but R did not. after he left our table, R asked if it was indeed Wolfgang Puck and I told him yes. he was so upset because he really wanted to shake his hand. and on two different occasions told servers that he was so busy enjoying his food when W.P. came by that he wasn't able to shake his hand. his subtle hints didn't work. oh well. Mr. Puck is always making rounds at the restaurant (he was last time we dined there), so we'll just have to go back so that R can realize his dream.

for dessert we had the apfelstrudel with 50 bean vanilla ice cream. the perfect way to end our meal. everything was so delicious and I can't wait to go back for more.

hopefully I won't have to get a new job in order to make the trip.

0 comments: