we were woken up at 5am Saturday morning by this (excuse the picture quality - they were taken with R's phone at 5am):poor Cammie was laying on the red bed when it happened and she got the brunt of it. luckily she moves quickly. she had a slight limp right after it happened, but she's fine now. she was a little scared to come into the room for a while, though.
so now we have a huge hole in the ceiling. and there are more cracks where it looks like more is about to fall down. when we moved in there was a large crack right where this fell, but it seemed sturdy enough. our landlady is really bad about maintaining the property, obviously. after the 5-point earthquake we had earlier this year, I noticed more cracks in the ceiling and noticed that this particular crack was getting worse. I pressed on it, though, and it still seemed to be okay. well, we've had a few very minor quakes over the last few days (so small that we don't even feel them), and we think that they have contributed to the ceiling eventually falling.
all I know is that our landlady needs to get off her duff and fix this with the quickness. I don't want anything else falling down on us in the middle of the night.
Sunday, January 25, 2009
rude awakening
Posted by Kelly at 2:16 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Oh my gosh!!! I'm glad everyone is okay!
Whoa! So glad no one got seriously hurt.
Post a Comment