Wednesday, November 19, 2008

sock it to me

I'm trying to create a very traditional Christmas in our house as far as decorations. I want it to be reminiscent of how my mom decorates her house. I've already taken some of her old ornaments for our tree that she no longer hangs on her tree.

I'm trying to find some great, traditional needlepoint stockings. I have found some cute ones at Land's End and L.L. Bean, but now I'm thinking about being ambitious and cross-stitching my own. they would certainly not be done by this Christmas, but they would (hopefully) be done by next. and I think it would be fun to do a cross-stitch project again. I used to do it all the time when I was younger.

what do you think? what Christmas style do you decorate in? any great ideas for stockings?

4 comments:

J said...

I love traditional. We have 2 stockings from Bean and 2 from Lands End, they look homemade but if I could of made them myself I would of. Have fun with the project!!!

Lindsey said...

I love that you want to cross stitch and I think you should totally go for it! And post pictures of the process!

Mrs. McB said...

We decorate in a very trendy fashion. I'm typically classic, yet trendy and this year we are focusing on silver.

You should cross stitch them. I use to love to cross stitch

leah @maritalbless said...

Unfortunately, I tied myself to a blue/white/silver scheme. I have no ideas on stockings either.