this is the story of our new slipcover.
we have the Ekeskog sofa from IKEA. we bought it 2.5 years ago. well, we started noticing these orange spots that suddenly appeared.



its not from the sun (the back of the sofa has been up against a wall) and its not from spills.
I called one of our local IKEA's a few weeks ago to see if they had any slipcovers in stock. I find out that they discontinued the sofa and no more slipcovers were in existence in the entire southern California region (5 stores, mind you). I was upset, since a quick eBay search found the same slipcovers that sell in-store for $99-$150 were going for anywhere from $350 to $450. we decided to just forgo the slipcover and maybe look into a new sofa in the near future.
Ray and I went to the Covina IKEA over the weekend to take a look at the dining room chairs that I want. they're the closest store carrying them, and I've been waiting for them to come in stock, so I dragged my loving hubby along. we decided to see if, by some miracle, they had any slipcovers for our sofa. and guess what. they did. ONE. and it was white. now, I love white sofas, but never thought one would be practical with a slob of a husband and two dogs (they aren't allowed on the furniture, but they lean up against it and their hair flies around everywhere). in fact, we had bought the same white slipcover a few months ago and ended up returning it because I was afraid of the maintenance of the darn thing (to which I was kicking myself over a few weeks ago when I thought no more slipcovers existed that wouldn't cost me $400). well, we snatched this one up. I didn't care if it was white or not.
so here is the sofa before:
and presently:

now I'm afraid to sit on it for fear of getting it dirty.
Monday, April 7, 2008
white out
Posted by Kelly at 6:09 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
The couch looks great, like a whole new couch.
I didn't know you were from So Cal. I am originally from Los Angeles and used to work in Covina.
KariandTom
wow! it looks great.
we have a white slipcovered sofa and I love that i can just bleach the dirt and stains out.
Love it! Looks great!
Post a Comment