Saturday, April 12, 2008

new duds

Ray came home from San Diego Thursday night proposing that we go shopping the next day to find me a dress for my birthday dinner at Morton's next week. who was I to protest? we went to the Beverly Center and the first store we went into was the Express. and I found exactly what I was looking for.

this is the dress that I bought for our dinner out. except the one I got is a beautiful deep turquoise color and hits me just above the knee so that it doesn't look so babydoll. and, surprisingly, it looks better on me than on the model. that never happens.

I tried this one on, too. Ray decided that the dress above was definitely sexier (which it is), but I really liked this one as well and it works perfectly for a casual day out. plus, all dresses were 25% off, so he had no excuse for not letting me get it.

lastly, we stopped into Heritage 1981. I had seen this sweater on forever21's site and had placed it on my wish list. I stopped in to see if they had it and I was delighted to see that they did. its a pretty cornflower blue color and is incredibly comfortable. and a steal at $22!


we also spent the first half of today on the Third Street Promenade in Santa Monica and I stopped into forever21 to see if they had any more of my wishlist items. first, I must say, the Promenade store is A-MAZING. huge. two stories. massive. seriously. it wasn't like that when we were still living in SaMo. secondly, I am really impressed with the direction they've gone. their pieces seem to be better quality, still with prices to drool over. I came to the conclusion that I need to go on a shopping spree.

2 comments:

kari said...

You are making me miss LA!! I'm so jealous.

Dusty @AllThingsG+D said...

I love that first dress--so sassy!